Carriage Driving For Disabled Adults In Dorset

Friday, December 01, 2006

Opportunity

I have a lot to learn about photography!! Poor light and, although I had my back to the rain, it still managed to find it's way onto the lens! Horses' breakfast is a soggy affair, and pooh picking even more so!



The recent wet weather has meant that grazing has had to be restricted, and an extra feed of hay has been introduced at midday.

This is a good chance to watch some excellent carriage driving training videos.

The opportunity for volunteers to learn new skills and receive on-the-job-training from dedicated instructors is very exciting, and I have to admit very therapeutic at this chapter in my life. And it doesn't cost me anything to acquire these new skills! The fresh air and exercise keeps me fit ( beats going to a gym!!) . CSV research shows that most over-65s say volunteering has improved their health and fitness.
Of course I am looking at this as an over-65 , but this is also an excellent way for younger people looking to learn new skills and experiences to put on their CV.

I can't wait for January to come when it's time to start getting the horses fit for the coming season and I can be taught to drive. Meanwhile there is plenty to learn about the harness and equipment which will get a thorough going over to check for wear & tear.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home