Carriage Driving For Disabled Adults In Dorset

Sunday, April 01, 2007

A Lovely Poem

Wally received this lovely poem recently. We thought it well worth posting here......

I Saw A Child

I saw a child who couldn’t walk
Sit on a horse and laugh and talk,
Then ride it through a field of daisies,
And yet he could not walk unaided.

I saw a child with no legs below
Sit on a horse and make it go
Through woods of green and places that he had never been
To sit and stare, except from a chair.

I saw a child who could only crawl
Mount a horse and sit up tall,
Then put it through degrees of paces
And laugh at wonder on our faces.

I saw a child born into strife,
Take up and hold the reins of life,
And that child was heard to say
‘Thank God for showing me the way.’


John Anthony Davies

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home